Week 8 Discussion
Many organizations use password-based authentication to authenticate their users. Passwords that do not meet criteria can be placed in a vulnerable state. Hackers can use password crackers to guess the passwords and infiltrate systems.
Go to Basic Search: Strayer University Online Library to locate and integrate at least two quality, academic resources (in addition to your textbook) on risks associated with password-based authentication. You may also use government websites, such as Cybersecurity from the National Institute of Standards and Technology.
Please respond to the following in a post of at least 200 words:
- Describe the methods organizations use to address the risks associated with password-based authentication.
- Recommend two methods you believe are the most effective in addressing these risks.
- Be sure to justify your recommendations.
- Provide full citations and references, formatted according to Strayer Writing Standards.
- For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
In 60 to 75 words, please respond to at least one other post. Choose to respond to those who have few or no responses