Week 6 Discussion
44 unread replies.44 replies.
Watch the video below in which Robert Ahdoot presents his approach to conquering math anxiety. In the middle of the video, Ahdoot provides his specific approach and examples that illustrate how he teaches math. After viewing the video, answer the questions below:
Considering your history with math, assess Mr. Ahdoot’s method of teaching:
- Do you think you would have benefited from his teaching approach when you were in middle/high school? Why or why not? Explain and support your answer.
- Do you think that Mr. Ahdoot’s approach actually addresses the root issue of math anxiety? Why or why not? Explain and support your answer.
The minimum requirements for class discussions are to respond directly to the discussion prompt and to respond to at least two other posts, by other students or the instructor, by the end of the week. The discussion will close on the due date and will NOT be reopened for a late submission.
- Submit one main post responding directly to each part of the discussion prompt(s) by Thursday at 11:59 PM ET.
- This should be a substantive response (between 75 -150 words minimum) to the topic(s) in your own words, referencing (using APA format) what you have discovered in your required reading and other learning activities.
- You may use resources in addition to your textbook that supports your post(s); however, you must mention the source(s) that you used in your post(s) using APA format in-text citations and reference lists. You can review APA formatting here: https://library.an.edu/apastyle (Links to an external site.) (Links to an external site.)