**use assignment 1 as the basis**
Part A: Project Charter
Refer to the PMBOK® Guide, the Capella library, the Internet, or other resources to develop a charter and scope statement for the project you selected in Assessment 1. The charter must include the following as a minimum:
- Project requirements
- The business need.
- Project purpose.
- Project milestones.
- Project stakeholders.
- Affected functional organizations.
- A business case.
- A high-level budget (expanded from your business case).
Part B: Scope Statement
Information from the project charter is included in the preliminary scope statement. This statement establishes the boundaries for the project, identifying what is included and what is excluded. It is written after the project charter, and should contain any information discovered since the project charter was approved.
Develop, complete, and submit your preliminary scope statement. This component must include:
- Project and product objectives.
- Product or service requirements.
- Product acceptance criteria.
- Project boundaries.
- Project requirements and deliverables.
- Project assumptions.
- Project constraints.
- Initial project organization.
- Initial risk assessment.
- Scheduled milestones.
- High-level work breakdown structure (WBS).
- Order of magnitude cost estimate.
- Project configuration management requirements.
- Approval requirements.
Your assessment should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Make certain that your assessment is professionally written and free of grammatical and spelling errors.
- Length: There are no page length requirements. Ensure the information required is included in the document.
- References: Include a complete list of references, including books, Web sites, articles, and other resources.
- APA format: Resources and citations should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
- Font and font size: Arial, 10 point.