Case Number: 0998881
Date: May 20, 2016
Reporting Officer: Colt Winchester
Incident Type: Property Crime
Address of Occurrence: 222 Citation Way, Happy Town, GA 15486
Witnesses: Clifford Tonell: Store owner, Male, 48, WhiteBo Foot: Security Officer (Employee), Male, 76, WhiteAndrea Sianturi: Employee, Female, 27, Asian American Susan Bunion: Customer: Female, 35, Asian American
Weapon or Objects Used: On May 20, 2016, at approximately 18:00, officers responded to the Socks for Feet Outlet located at 222 Citation Way. According to the Socks for Feet Security Officer Bo Foot, three people entered the store and began walking down the Big Feet area of the store. Security Officer Bo Foot observed suspect one take three dozen pairs of the Big Guy brand socks and place them down his pants. Security Officer Bo Foot then followed the three suspects into the Hammer Toe section of socks where Security Officer Bo Foot observed suspect two places two dozen pairs of the Hang Nail Free brand of socks into suspect three’s purse. As Security Officer Bo Foot approached the suspects, the suspects began to run. As Suspect one began to run, he bumped Security Officer Foot, causing him to fall to the floor. All three suspects ran out of the store into the back parking lot of the store. The store owner Clifford Tonell identified the three suspects as:
- Suspect 1 Bubba Hurt.
- Suspect 2 Skeeter Redrum.
- Suspect 3 Summer Breeze.
All three suspects were later apprehended and arrested at the Just for Kicks Martial Arts studio located at 626 Felony Drive. All of the property was recovered inside Skeeter Redrum’s 1969 Ford Pinto.
To complete this assignment, act as the District Attorney and complete the following:
- Determine what kind of theft charges for all three individuals involved in this incident and provide a definition for each theft charge. You should base your answer found in the Week 6 Assignment Document Library [PDF].
- Next, examine the crime scenario and give your opinion on whether the crime committed was done by amateurs or professionals (refer to the Week 6 Assignment Document Library [PDF]).
- Identify what type of criminal typology could be applied (refer to the Week 6 Assignment Document Library [PDF]).
Use this to check your work before you submit your assignment:
- My paper determines theft charges for all three individuals involved in this incident and provides a definition for each theft charge.
- My paper presents my opinion about whether the crime committed was done by amateurs or professionals.
- My paper identifies the type of criminal typology that could be applied to the suspects.