Option #1: Why is diversity in the workplace so crucial? (paper)
In the organization you created in module 1, in your response to the question, “Why is diversity in the workplace so crucial?”, answer the following:
- The Importance of Diversity in The Workplace
- The Benefits of Diversity in The Workplace
- How to Promote Diversity in The Workplace?
- Your submission should be 4 pages in length (not including title or reference pages) and be formatted according to the CSU Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements (Links to an external site.).
- Be sure to discuss and reference concepts taken from the course reading material and relevant research.
- You must include a minimum of 6 credible, academic, or professional references beyond the text or other course materials (at least two scholarly/peer-reviewed from the CSU Global Library).
- You may wish to review the Template Paper (Links to an external site.) for help formatting your essay according to the requirements.
- If you need assistance with your writing style or you need writing tips or tutorials, visit the CSU Global Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Review the grading rubric to see how you will be graded for this assignment.
My organization is the TRE Enterprise. The institution is headquartered in Atlanta in the state of Georgia. The company specializes in the production, distribution, and advertising of nonalcoholic drink formulations and flavorings. In my institution, the manufacturing of beverage commodities is the main activity. The products are sold to market ventures across the globe with billions of consumers (Chen, 2020). The firm enjoys enough factors of production and manufacturing to spearhead its operations. The entity holds vast corporate interests.
My position in the enterprise is that of a director. I was appointed into the role of director after the previous director retired (Osser, 2017). I have held the position for three years. The position has given me confidence and experience which I have nurtured over the last couple of years. Diversity is a substantial ingredient in the quest for better outcomes in the firm. The obstacles faced include the failure to reflect the whole community in the entity, increased competition, and interference from other players. These problems have been tackled explicitly by the administration. We have tried to introduce measures that ensure the personnel is not segregated because of their background (Zhao, 2021). This has brought about diversity and inclusion in the organization. We have introduced new products to counter competition.
Chen, X., & Voigt, T. (2020). Implementation of the Manufacturing Execution System in the food and beverage industry. Journal of Food Engineering, 278, 109932.
Osser, D., & Hallén, O. (2017). Enterprise Architecture och e-förvaltning: i tre kommuner.
Zhao, X., Xu, X., Li, X., He, X., Yang, Y., & Zhu, S. (2021). Emerging trends of technology-based dietary assessment: a perspective study. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 75(4), 582-587.