For this first discussion, you will introduce yourself to your peers and discuss communication styles, methods/channels, or approaches that you have used in a professional or academic setting to successfully solve a problem.
Complete the following in your initial post:
In your first paragraph, introduce yourself to your classmates by answering the following questions:
- Who are you, and what do you do?
- Why are you interested in criminal justice?
In your second paragraph, provide examples of two different communication styles, methods, or approaches that you have used in a professional or academic setting to successfully solve a problem. For each example, include the following:
- State the problem that needed to be solved.
- Describe how you used a communication style, method, or approach to get your message across in a way that helped lead to the solution of the problem.
- State who the audience was for your communication and describe why you used that communication style, method, or approach for the particular audience.
In each of your two peer responses, identify another communication style, method, or approach that could have been used in one of your peer’s examples. Include whether or not you think the outcome of the communication would have been changed with this other approach and why.
To complete this assignment, review the Discussion Rubric document.