What technology do you find most beneficial to use in your work or school setting? Least beneficial? Why do you find this tool useful or not? Then, using your imagination, look to the future and think about how this tool could be enhanced even further. Describe your dream technology, with consideration for patient care and safety.
- CO 1: Describe patient-care technologies as appropriate to address the needs of a diverse patient population.
- CO 2: Analyze data from all relevant sources, including technology, to inform the delivery of care.
- CO 3: Define standardized terminology that reflects nursing’s unique contribution to patient outcomes.
- CO 4: Investigate safeguards and decision-making support tools embedded in patient care technologies and information systems to support a safe practice environment for both patients and healthcare workers.
- CO 5: Identify patient care technologies, information systems, and communication devices that support nursing practice.
- CO 7: Examine the use of information systems to document interventions related to achieving nurse-sensitive outcomes.
- CO 8: Discuss the value of best evidence as a driving force to institute change in delivery of nursing care.
Hello class and Professor,
We are currently living in a world of technology, and many school settings, pre-school all the way through college, has been given the opportunity to expose their students to the advancements being made in technology. Even now, it is recommended that educators prep students for success in fields that rely on technology (Statti & Torres, 2020). The technologies that I believe is useful both at work and schools are computer devices and tablets for education purposes. Computers have been seen to be a huge impact thought history and even more in the medical field/nursing. It helps with the improvement of communication between the staff as well as keeping patient’s medical backgrounds updated. In this week’s reading, we learn Computers are useful for communication, documentation, and calculating tasks that would otherwise have the possibility of being messed up by general human error, and now, they are improved due to tech (McGonigle & Mastrian, 2018). We see healthcare workers communicate with each other using computers and emails. Us nursing students use iPads for note-taking such as Notability also other apps for reading. During this covid Era, we have been able to see how students worldwide are learning from home and not in a classroom setting. If we didn’t have the technology and computers, kids would be behind and not be able to understand. Computer and technology have impacted us in a positive way as well as in a negative way. Computers used in the healthcare field hold confidential information, which can be a problem because those who are not authorized can get their hand on the patient record. My dream technology would be something that automatically kills cancer cells from the body without having to cause any health problems to the patient.
McGonigle, D., & Mastrian, K. (2018). Nursing Informatics And The Foundation Of Knowledge (4th ed.). Jones & Bartlett Learning.
Statti, A., & Torres, K. M. (2020). The advancement of technology in schools and universities. Peabody Journal of Education, 95(2), 115–116. https://doi.org/10.1080/0161956x.2020.1745591