Directions for Powerpoint
1. Include at least 8-10 slides (NOT including title/reference slides)
2. Add bullet points for each slide
3. Include speaker notes for each slide (4-5 sentences) to address bulleted items
4. APA style & include citations in your speaker notes
5. Minimum of 4-5 peer reviewed articles (within the last 5 years) as references (do not include: blogs, chat, other university or Wikipedia).
6. USE THE SLIDES THAT FOLLOW AS YOUR TEMPLATE
7. Make sure to add colorful graphics, data, graphs, clip art to engage audience, be creative!
Explain why you chose this topic
Topic: Nursing during an epidemic, pandemic, or natural disaster across the country or around the globe
How The Topic Impacts Nursing Practice by answering:
1. Please show how your topic impacts nursing practice and/or patient care.
2. How will the topic impact your role as a nurse in the nursing workforce or in the clinical setting?
3. What is the current relevance of your topic
4. How is your topic integrated and used in clinical practice
Current Relevance answer the following question:
1. Provide a full description of your topic
2. Describe how your chosen topic is relevant/current to nursing practice
3. Provide a critical analysis supported by evidence based practice that is credible and timely
Clinical Practice Integration answer the following questions:
1. How will the topic impact your role as a nurse in nursing workforce or clinical setting?
2. Current relevance of the topic
3. How your topic is integrated and used in clinical practice
Plan for lobbying answer the following questions:
1. Describe in detail what you would lobby your legislators or local government for funding and support for your chosen current issue or trend.
2. What current or proposed legislation already exists that pertains to your topic?
3. Make insightful, clear and accurate connections to importance of lobbying legislators & government
1. Show insight and comprehensive solutions/conclusions regarding your chosen topic
Include at least 4-5 research articles (Use WCU Online Library)
References need to be within the last 5 years
Do not include: blogs, chats, other universities, Wikipedia
Follow APA style