Case study 11 Pacific Drilling
Read the Pacific Drilling case study attached
This case is ideal for demonstrating the importance of corporate governance. The following points are to guide a review and discussion of some important concepts.
- Discuss Pacific Drilling’s corporate governance. Has the company been able to separate the ownership and managerial control?
- Evaluate the effectiveness of Pacific Drilling’s board of directors. Have the directors been able to monitor and control the company?
- Executive compensation is a method of governance mechanisms. Discuss Pacific Drilling’s compensation and evaluate its effectiveness.
- Is Pacific Drilling in financial trouble? Discuss the possibility of the market for corporate control. Will Pacific Drilling become a takeover target?
- Describe Pacific Drilling’s next move in terms of growth and expansion. Provide an analysis, of what additional recommendations would be required to be done to help Pacific Drilling achieve its goals?
- Evaluate Pacific Drilling’s international strategy and its use of alliances to achieve company objectives, what would be their best strategy?
- Present your analysis as a 3 page report in a Microsoft Word document formatted in APA style.
- Support your responses with examples. Cite any sources in APA format.