Create an analytic (grid-style) rubric that you can use to assess the training programs. Incorporate the Kirkpatrick evaluation model into your evaluation rubric.
Note: Refer to Ch. 28 through 32 of the ASTD Handbook for Workplace Learning Professionals in the Week 3 Electronic Reserve Readings for help with this assignment.
Charity’s Note: Format your assignment as a grid-style analytic that could be filled out as you evaluate a training program. It should be comprehensive and clear, so that other adult educators could use it to evaluate training programs, too.
- The first column of the grid should be the criteria of training program quality that you will measure. Base those criteria on the Kirkpatrick Model.
- Then in the other columns of the grid, set levels of quality and have descriptions of those levels of quality for each criterion.
- This is how I have created rubrics for the assignments in this course. You can use those rubrics as a model, but instead of the objectives-based criteria that I use, you will create criteria based on the Kirkpatrick Evaluation Model.
- I have provided additional guidance in the Week 3 Instructor Tips.
- To understand how your assignment will be graded, refer to the rubric at right.