After the passage of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010, health care organizations have been faced with significant challenges in providing quality care to all Americans. HealthyPeople.gov (Links to an external site.) also encourages health care organizations to focus on the relevance of social determinants and health status.
Take on the role of the administrator of a community hospital in your area. You would like to implement a strategic plan to improve the health status of your community. Select a vulnerable population in your area affected by a disease or condition. Examples include aging, COVID-19, diabetes, Ebola, heart disease, opioid epidemics, Zikavirus, and so on. Write a three- to five-page paper that details your strategic plan.
In your paper,
- Describe the population, including demographics and risk factors that determine health in this population.
- Explain the disease or condition prevalent in this population.
- Identify access and barriers to health care and treatment options for this population, including local, state, and federal policies regulating control and prevention of your selected disease or condition in this population.
- Propose at least three strategies to improve the health of the selected population.
- Develop at least three key indicators to measure the success of your proposed population health management.
- Support your response with a minimum of three scholarly sources that were published in the last 5 years.
Help with three to five double-spaced pages in length